Student Privacy Notice and Consent/Opt-Out for Specific Activities
The Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA), 20 USC 1232h, requires the Waldron Area Schools to obtain consent or allow you to put your child out of participating in certain school activities, including a student survey, analysis, or evaluation in an applicable program that concerns one or more of the following eight areas ( protected information surveys):
1. Political affiliation or beliefs of the student or students family;
2. Mental or psychological problems of the students or students family;
3. Sex behavior or attitudes;
4. Illegal, anti-social, self incriminating, or demeaning behavior;
5. Critical appraisals of others with whom respondents have close family relationships;
6. Legally recognized privileged relationships, such as with lawyers, physicians, or ministers;
7. Religious practices, affiliations, or beliefs of the student or parents/guardian; or
8. Income, other than as required by law to determine program eligibility or financial assistance.
This opt-out right also applies to the collection, disclosure, or use of student information for marketing purposes (marketing surveys‖) and to certain physical exams and screenings.